Friday, May 3, 2013

ending this chapter.

well the time has come for me to say goodbye to my Roman home.
today was my last day to walk my streets of Trastevere.  
tonight will be my last night to sleep in my Roman apartment.

I'm feeling so nostalgic it's not even funny.
after dinner, my roommate and I walked around our neighborhood just taking it all in one last time. 
I cannot believe that my time here has actually come to an end.
4 months ago, I arrived in Italy, not knowing anyone, scared and excited about the next months and what they held for me.
I had no idea it would be this amazing.
everyone tells you it goes by fast, but I seriously did not think it would be this fast.
I have met some amazing people and saying goodbye to them this week has been so hard.
everyone has blessed me in some way and I could not be more thankful for the people that God has brought into my life during this time.
this adventure has been the most amazing decision of my life. 
I would not take it back for the world.
I have learned so many things about myself and about life that I could not have learned just staying home.
I know this time here in Rome will forever change me. 
the things I have seen and been privileged to do is incredible. 
I'm in awe thinking about it.

yes, there were those bad moments, but even in those I learned something and knew that I was here for a reason.
honestly, I am just really sad to leave.

and now I will put a small, random selection of pictures from this semester just for fun. 



my beautiful city. 

 


chilly in Tuscany.



birthday dinner with the roommates. 


my first night in Rome and my first gelato.
my first cappuccino. 
the church of Santa Maria in my neighborhood. 



cobblestones.


having confetti thrown on me in Venice for Carnivale. 


listening to the Pope's resignation speech.
 and watching the new Pope get elected.
sending postcards from the Vatican. 


mommy came to visit.
 the beach in Cinque Terre.
 my amazing roommate.


riding this thing in Villa Borghese.
 my dear friend Kelsey.
last cannoli in Rome.

I cannot believe this is over and that I fly home to America tomorrow. it's crazy just thinking about it. 
but I will continue blogging about my semester because you still have not read about my final couple of trips. 

until then, this is my last post from Italy.
the next time you read my blog, I will be on American soil.

1 comment:

  1. What a great experience, Katherine! I'm sure you miss it, but I'm excited to see you soon now that you're back in the States! I've loved reading about your adventures and seeing your beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete