Tuesday, February 19, 2013

overwhelmed

I am overwhelmed.
but in the best way possible.
overwhelmed with thankfulness, humbleness, but most of all with awe. 

I was walking to class the other day, looking around, and I just was overwhelmed with this feeling of awe. 
I live in Rome. 

yesterday was my 21st birthday and my roommates took me to dinner where we ate looking at the Pantheon. 
as we were eating, I was overwhelmed with awe. 
I live in Rome.

I have been here for a little over one month which is a crazy thought to me. as my roommate and I were walking to class today, we were just talking about the first day we arrived here.  I went back to that day in my mind thinking about my feelings as I was traveling to the unknown adventure awaiting me. 

I was scared. I was excited. I was overwhelmed. 
there were so many emotions going on inside of me that I had no idea what to think or feel. it was a big change, but I knew the Lord was sending me here for a reason. 
I am learning so much about myself and who I am and who I'm supposed to be.  I am learning about life.  I am making mistakes and learning to be okay with them.  

I am shocked at myself for doing this and incredibly glad that I did.  this adventure has helped me realize so many things about myself that I might not have learned if I had stayed in my little bubble. 

I still have a little over 2 months here, which makes me sad to think about.  I like this adventure.  I like this way of life and I love the people that I have met.  

but it's not over yet because 2 months is a long time and I plan on not wasting any of it.  I want to experience all of Rome and what God has planned for me here.  

words cannot express how thankful I am to be here and to be able to do the things I am doing. my parents are the most wonderful people to allow me to do this. 

this is an incredibly sappy post I know, but hey I'm 21 now....not sure what that means, but go with it.

lots of love sweet people

No comments:

Post a Comment