Friday, January 11, 2013

field trip.

field trips are my favorite. I love that they are organized and you have a plan and you get to go to a cool place (most of the time).

well today was no different.  the program that I am with, SAI, has an inclusive welcome excursion that is paid for and we get to see something really cool in Rome.  it was awesome. I was just speechless the whole time because Rome is just so beautiful, I can't stand it. 

they took us to Ostia Antica, which is this ancient port city a little outside of the main city. it's obviously all in ruins now, but for being thousands of years old, you can still recognize and picture what it might have been like back then.  I was worried it was going to be too rainy all morning but thankfully the rain held off until right when we left. 

the pictures really don't do it justice....












then the trip gets even better.  they take us to this organic farm that serves us a 5+ course meal for free that is all grown on the farm right there. it was so yummy. after we stuffed our faces full of Italian food, we went on a tour of the grounds and saw the places that you can stay. and people even get married there!! so romantic. 





all in all, today was great.  I love Rome.  It's so beautiful.  the end. 

ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment