Tuesday, January 29, 2013

recent happenings

life here in Roma is picking up. classes are becoming more tedious and plans are being made. I'm learning my way around and becoming more and more familiar with the Italian way of life. 
I have my grocery store I like with my favorite brand of granola and yogurt. I found peanut butter (cue Hallelujah chorus). I know where the best gelato is. 
I am feeling at home. 

and it's crazy how the Lord can know just what we need at the right exact moment.  even though I am feeling at home here and more comfortable, He knew that I needed some sort of comfort from home. which is exactly what happened. 

one of my dearest friends from school came all the way to Italy to visit me. I could not be anymore thankful that she is here. we have had so much fun already just exploring, catching up, laughing, and experiencing Rome together. oh and eating of course. it's one thing to be in this amazing city, but it's that much better when you are with a close friend. I truly wish everyone could come visit me and see this amazing place.

here are some pictures from our lovely time together thus far.  











I think we saw everything you can see in Rome in one day. 

what a blessing she is to me. I'm so thankful she is here and I'm so glad our time together in Europe isn't over yet. 

lots of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment