Monday, January 14, 2013

slowing down

the past couple of days have not been very eventful so I apologize for not posting. but in reality, I am living in Rome, so that's an event by itself. it still has not sunk in.

yesterday (Sunday), made me realize how much I miss my church and being in a Christian community. I have not even been here a full week, but I am starting to see how important it is to surround yourself with other believers. I talked to someone who lives here and they suggested this English speaking church, so I'm going to check it out next Sunday. it's not to far from my home so that will be nice!  I'm hoping to get involved in a youth group or bible study of some sorts too. so we will see!

a couple of my roommates and I cooked dinner last night for the first time and it was so cheap! we made this pasta with pesto, tomatoes, and mozzarella and it was yum. I'm going to try and cook as much as possible to save money and just because it's fun! everything here is so fresh and it just tastes so much better. I like it. 

today is technically supposed to be the first day of classes, but I don't have any Monday classes. SCORE. our school also does not have any classes on Friday either. DOUBLE SCORE. I'm so excited for this because it means that I can make weekend trips longer and I can have extra time to do homework, laundry, etc. 

tomorrow, I have 3 classes: The Victorian Novel, Women in Film, and Writing for the Media. I am really excited about class and cannot wait to learn. nerd alert. I think it will be nice once classes start so that I can get into a routine. I'm hoping the homework load will not be too much though. 

my roommates and I also planned out our trips that we want to take together. I already feel like this time is going to go by so fast!! it's crazy. 

I will post pictures of my apartment soon so that you can see where I am living and everything. hope you are not too bored...it will get more exciting soon I'm sure! I do live in Rome for goodness sake. 

ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment