Tuesday, January 8, 2013

nuovi inizi (new beginnings)

I am currently sitting in an apartment in Rome, Italy. shut the front door. 

this cute, Italian apartment in the Roman neighborhood Trastevere, is my home for 4 whole months. I did not think that I would ever be able to do something like this, but I am so glad that the Lord has brought me here.  I can already tell that this experience is going to grow me and that I am going to learn so much. 

the journey over only had a few bumps, but other than that it was so much easier than I anticipated.  What a blessing from God.  Traveling alone is quite fun.  The only thing I don't like is not having someone to talk with me constantly.  I am already realizing how much I miss fellowship with people who know you in and out.

I was not nervous or anything until the last part of the plane ride to Rome.  that was very tough.  I regretted coming and wanted to turn home right then.  But once again God provided and I immediately found a group of girls who are also studying abroad here, so we helped each other out and talked while we waited.  I ALREADY MADE FRIENDS MOM.  

anyways, we waited for our luggage (which thankfully got here) and then went out to meet our SAI coordinators.  I got my apartment key and was taken there in a taxi, where the man just dropped me off and said good luck.  Talk about scary.  

I walked into my building and was instantly lost.  But once again the Lord is so good and this sweet woman walked in who spoke english and she helped me find my apartment.  I was the first one of my roommates here and got to pick the best room, which is always a plus.  The apartment is bigger than I thought and I actually really like it.  I unpacked, prayed, and waited until my roommates arrived. 

they all came at different times, but once everyone was here, we made the journey to the grocery store (which is not actually a journey, it's just down the street.) I was pleasantly surprised to find that the store was stocked with some pretty great things.  I can't wait to cook some yummy pasta in our little kitchen. 

we are all exhausted so bedtime is coming fast and I'm extremely happy about that.  I am just so thankful that the Lord got me here safe and sound.  I know there will be hard times, but there will also be good times too. Tomorrow starts orientation and hopefully I will begin taking pictures so I can spice up this blog a bit. 

I still cannot believe that I am here for 4 months...it's going to be such an adventure.

and if you are still reading this, I love you and miss you all already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment