Tuesday, January 15, 2013

school days

ah the first day of class. the jitters of not knowing anyone; the excitement of new classes; the freak out moments after reading the syllabus. all of these things still happen even in a completely different country and university. 

but I love it.  I love to learn and I cannot wait to get engaged in these classes and get to know my professors. I'm a nerd, sue me. 

the classes here though are completely different than UT. my biggest class is 26 students and my smallest is 4. okay, so not what I am used to. however, I like that so much better. I like that the teacher will know my face and name and that we can have more engaging conversations, instead of just listening to those certain students who like to talk all the time (they can get annoying, sorry if you are one of them).

every class that I am taking will teach me something different and will all be useful in some way, which is great. tomorrow, I have Digital Photography which I am super pumped about. I have always loved taking pictures and hope this class will teach me how to be a better photographer. so who knows, you might be calling me to take your next family portrait....doubtful, but still. 

probably one of the coolest things about being in Rome is the fact that I have the rest of Europe at my fingertips. for instance, tonight my roommates and I were planning a weekend trip to Paris in April (fingers crossed). that's just not a normal thing. 
but I love it. 

sending lots of love your way friends.
ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment