Saturday, January 12, 2013

speechless

I am in love. 

but don't worry, it's just with Rome.  everyday this city amazes me.  I did not think that it could be this pretty, but it is.  today was the best day I've had here so far and it was just amazing.  the weather was perfect and I got to see all of the touristy places in Rome that are all only a 30 minute walk away from me!!!

so Matteo (our cute little Italian student guide) took us to Altare della Patria, or commonly known as the Wedding Cake....incredible.


then we turned the corner and in the distance is this.
no big deal. I got goose bumps. there is so much history here it is amazing. my inner nerd is loving all of this. 
The Colosseum is so much more incredible in person. I can't wait to go back.


then the tour was supposed to be over, but we still had a couple of hours to kill so we asked Matteo if we could explore.  we start walking and were wondering where he was taking us when we show up here....it's the president's house. it has an amazing view of the city in front of it.  I'm up for the next election.


we keep walking and literally have no idea where we are and then turn the corner and there is the Trevi Fountain. NO BIG DEAL OR ANYTHING.


of course I had to make a wish and no I will not tell you what it is.  but I hope it comes true...


we keep walking down unknown streets and turn another corner and there is the Pantheon. WHAT. I told Matteo that he was my favorite person ever for taking us to all these places. 


we went back to our school for lunch and a couple of girls were saying that they wanted to walk to the Vatican city, which has St. Peter's Basicalla. so I tagged along and that might have been the best decision I have made so far. it is so dang beautiful. pictures do not do it justice.


of course I had to get a solo pic in front of it. duh.


we went inside because it's free (SCORE) and it was just as insanely pretty on the inside. unfortunately, I only had my phone to take pics so I'll wait and post ones when I go back with my actual camera. you will definitely want to look at those. I was speechless the whole time (but in reality I just kept walking around saying how pretty it was).

oh my favorite part....so we walked outside and saw these two very colorfully dressed guards standing here guarding the entrance. they are supposed to not be moving, but I look at one and we make eye contact and he winks at me! A VATICAN GUARD WINKED AT ME. it was great. and then I took this picture and if you zoom in you can tell he is looking at my camera. so basically, he wanted to marry me. no big deal. 


the best part is that the Vatican is only a 25 minute walk from my apartment which is so nice. however, I was exhausted when I came home. 

today has been such a fun day and I am just so in love with Rome. it is so pretty. everyone needs to visit here at least once in there life. 

I cannot wait for more adventures here in my beautiful new home.

ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment