Sunday, January 20, 2013

such a tourist

I've only been here a little over two weeks and have yet to see everything Rome offers. this city is full of history, culture, art, and people.  I never could have imagined myself living in a completely different city and country than what I am used to; however, I am so glad that I was brought here. it's causing me to learn and grow in areas that I had no idea I needed to. it's wonderful. tough at times, but wonderful.

much to my dislike, it's been cloudy and rainy here the past few days which is no fun.  I'm ready for some sunshine and blue skies!  but even in the rain, I think Rome is beautiful. everyone has to visit this amazing city at least once, so go ahead and put it on your bucket list....now.

 luckily though, the clouds broke on Friday to reveal a gorgeous day just begging us to get out in the city.  this caused my friends and I to have a carpe diem moment.  we got up and went out to explore and wander down the cobblestoned streets of this ancient city.

we had a mission: to find this hidden treasure of Rome called the Rome Keyhole. it's apparently one of the best kept secrets of Rome, but not anymore! you just look through this key hole in a big door and see the most beautiful view of St. Peter's Basilica ever. it seriously looks like a painting. here is my picture I took of it.....
it's not very good, I know. but look it up on google and you can see a better shot.

it was a wonderful day of exploration going to the Spanish Steps and the street of shops. It's literally a street that has every store imaginable. it's amazing.

here are some shots from the day. enjoy!










lots of love dear ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment